Signs That You May Have Sinusitis
How your ENT specialist in Manhattan, NY, can help you feel better!
If you are suffering from sinusitis, you already know how painful it can be. The constant pressure and pain around and behind your eyes can keep you from enjoying your life. Dr. Richard Nass, is a sinus, ear, nose, and throat specialist in Manhattan, NY, who specializes in helping people who are suffering from sinus issues, including sinusitis. He can help you feel well again!
More about sinusitis
So, how do you know if you have sinusitis? Occasional stuffy nose and sneezing is normal, but if your symptoms have become more frequent, you could have sinusitis. Common signs and symptoms of sinusitis include:
- Chronic sneezing or coughing
- Frequent pressure and pain behind or around your eyes
- Frequent high fever or headaches
- Nasal passage irritation and discomfort
- Frequent stuffy nose and difficulty breathing through your nose
- Yellow or green discharge coming from your nose
Sinusitis can be caused by fungus, bacteria, or allergies. Luckily, there are some easy remedies that can lead to relief, including:
- Irrigating your sinuses with saline solution to clear out nasal passages
- Placing a humidifier in your bedroom to soothe sinuses
- Taking over-the-counter oral decongestants or mucus-thinning medications
- Using decongestant nasal sprays to reduce swelling and congestion
For stubborn, severe sinusitis symptoms, it’s best to visit an expert. Dr. Nass offers several effective ways to treat sinusitis, including:
- Allergy testing and treatment if your sinusitis is allergy related
- Prescription-strength antihistamines or decongestants to reduce symptoms
- Antibiotics if your sinusitis is due to an infection
- Oral or nasal corticosteroids to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Surgery for sinusitis related to structural issues or abnormalities in your sinuses
For more detailed information about sinusitis, please visit the Sinusitis section on the website at http://www.drrichardnass.com/sinusitis-sinus-disease.html
Give us a call!
You don’t have to let sinusitis take over your life. You can get relief by making a simple phone call—just pick up your phone and dial (212) 734-4515 for Dr. Richard Nass's Manhattan office!